A special celebrity guest attended the annual summer family fun day for a Northfleet-based hospice.
Good Morning Britain presenter Charlotte Hawkins turned out at EllenorLions Hospice in Coldharbour Road on Friday (August 15).
She is a patron of chYps, which is a part of the hospice focusing on the care of seriously ill children.
The event featured an animal therapy session with Almanda Therapy Animals and a turn from puppeteer and ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, who has appeared on Britain’s Got Talent.
There were arts and craft activities throughout the day and a visit by Eynsford bird centre Eagle Heights’ famous Birdman.
EllenorLions communications manager Tessa Youens said: “It was a lovely day.
“We had about 60 people. The whole point was to give families a bit of respite, a chance to have a nice day out and interact with each other.
“We had lots of laughter and lots of happy faces.”
- What’s on this weekend: 11 things to see and do in south east London and north Kent
- Operation Stack: £130m contract awarded for giant lorry park on M20
- Animal lovers horrified by discovery of 'exotic' creatures - crushed and left for dead in Dartford park
- Barnehurst woman warns people of 'brutal' lithium drug which led to long-term partner's death
- GALLERY: See all the cat photos in our Cute Pets contest - and get your entry in soon