A special celebrity guest attended the annual summer family fun day for a Northfleet-based hospice.
Good Morning Britain presenter Charlotte Hawkins turned out at EllenorLions Hospice in Coldharbour Road on Friday (August 15).
She is a patron of chYps, which is a part of the hospice focusing on the care of seriously ill children.
The event featured an animal therapy session with Almanda Therapy Animals and a turn from puppeteer and ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, who has appeared on Britain’s Got Talent.
There were arts and craft activities throughout the day and a visit by Eynsford bird centre Eagle Heights’ famous Birdman.
EllenorLions communications manager Tessa Youens said: “It was a lovely day.
“We had about 60 people. The whole point was to give families a bit of respite, a chance to have a nice day out and interact with each other.
“We had lots of laughter and lots of happy faces.”
- What's on this weekend: 13 great shows, gigs and family events in south east London and north Kent (March 28 and 29)
- Concerned mother appeals to A2 commuters after road rage attack
- 'Illegal' alcohol and cigarettes worth £8,500 seized from Gravesend and Dartford
- Dartford Tunnel closed after car overturns in lorry smash
- FEATURE: A day in the life of a chimney sweep