A special celebrity guest attended the annual summer family fun day for a Northfleet-based hospice.
Good Morning Britain presenter Charlotte Hawkins turned out at EllenorLions Hospice in Coldharbour Road on Friday (August 15).
She is a patron of chYps, which is a part of the hospice focusing on the care of seriously ill children.
The event featured an animal therapy session with Almanda Therapy Animals and a turn from puppeteer and ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, who has appeared on Britain’s Got Talent.
There were arts and craft activities throughout the day and a visit by Eynsford bird centre Eagle Heights’ famous Birdman.
EllenorLions communications manager Tessa Youens said: “It was a lovely day.
“We had about 60 people. The whole point was to give families a bit of respite, a chance to have a nice day out and interact with each other.
“We had lots of laughter and lots of happy faces.”
- Police call in divers in search for missing Greenhithe man, Patrick Lamb
- UPDATE: Four people in hospital following four-car crash on M25 at Swanley
- UPDATE: Man rushed to hospital after car flips over on the A2 near Darenth
- 5 Thoughts: Travellers fighting back, another UKIP gaffe and more
- Stat Chat: What tops list of things we can't live without at Christmas?