A TV star loves trains so much she has changed her name to front a promotional campaign, but do you love or loathe rail travel?
I Love Trains Week is taking place this week to celebrate the “unique British love for rail travel”.
Train operator East Coast is hoping it brings out people’s memories of significant moments made possible by travelling on the railways, such as visiting family, going on holiday or meeting a special someone.
East Coast says research proves our love affair with trains is continuing, with more than 70 per cent loving the practicalities like avoiding traffic and 50 per cent associating fun childhood memories with train travel.
Actress and TV presenter Donna Air, whose love of trains began when she was a child travelling between the north east and London, is fronting the I Love Trains Week campaign – and is so dedicated to the cause she has even apparently changed her name to Donna Train for the week.
Watch the video below in which she shares her fond memories of trains and finds out why we supposedly love them.
Do you love trains too? Or has commuting around south-east London and north Kent ruined the romance of rail travel for you? Add your comments further down.
- CUTE PETS: Just one week left in dogs' category - see all the 240+ photos so far here
- REVEALED: 17 return flights to Europe which cost LESS than your daily Kent commute to London
- Jungle Book frozen out by Disney classics in merchandise rush
- GALLERY: 21 south-east London and north Kent dogging hotspots listed on sex websites revealed
- 24 of your favourite fish and chip shops in south east London and north Kent