A woman suffered a life threatening head injury after being hit by a car in Penge High Street this morning (August 13).
She was taken to hospital as a priority after the incident just before 9.45am near the junction with St John's Road.
Parts of Penge High Street were closed off for hours afterwards.
A police spokesman said: "We got a call at 9.50am to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian.
"An elderly woman was taken to hospital with what is believed to be life threatening injuries.
"Road closures are in place and traffic officers are investigating."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene.
"A woman was treated for a head injury and was taken to King's College Hospital as a priority."
No arrests have been made.
- Police concern for missing Beckenham man, David Hopkins
- Five differences between the north and south - by a real northerner
- Missing teen Keiarni Hamilton-Hughes, 16, has links with Eltham
- Welling X Factor hopeful, Charlie Jones, urges fans to 'vote for Stereo Kicks' in Movie Week
- Work begins on Swanley Gateway