A woman suffered a life threatening head injury after being hit by a car in Penge High Street this morning (August 13).
She was taken to hospital as a priority after the incident just before 9.45am near the junction with St John's Road.
Parts of Penge High Street were closed off for hours afterwards.
A police spokesman said: "We got a call at 9.50am to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian.
"An elderly woman was taken to hospital with what is believed to be life threatening injuries.
"Road closures are in place and traffic officers are investigating."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene.
"A woman was treated for a head injury and was taken to King's College Hospital as a priority."
No arrests have been made.
- 'She loved her sex toy more than me': Jealous man smashed up ex-girlfriend's vibrator
- Teenager in critical condition after Grove Park stabbing
- Flooding around Shortlands station area due to burst water main
- Sex party-goer 'called by as sadomasochist was strangling Greenhithe police officer'
- Swanscombe man jailed for part in £6.9m tax evasion fraud