A woman suffered a life threatening head injury after being hit by a car in Penge High Street this morning (August 13).
She was taken to hospital as a priority after the incident just before 9.45am near the junction with St John's Road.
Parts of Penge High Street were closed off for hours afterwards.
A police spokesman said: "We got a call at 9.50am to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian.
"An elderly woman was taken to hospital with what is believed to be life threatening injuries.
"Road closures are in place and traffic officers are investigating."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene.
"A woman was treated for a head injury and was taken to King's College Hospital as a priority."
No arrests have been made.
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Man robbed and assaulted by four thugs in Bromley
- 150 Christmas trees stolen from Orpington family farm
- NEAR MISS: Football-sized drone misses airplane above Biggin Hill by only 20 metres
- Family of Bexley baby boy with genetic condition name children's ward staff 'Healthcare Heroes'