Duke the dog here really is man’s best friend, or at least boy’s best friend.
The 14-month-old Newfoundland was nominated for Pet of the Day by Kellyanne from Swanley.
Duke loves toys, crabsticks and kids but dislikes birds.
What makes your pet so special? My son is six and has autism. Duke always knows when he is upset or needs a cuddle. We have had him only since last Christmas and the bond between them is lovely.
- Pet of the Week: Freddie Krueger has a soft side
- **WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE** Deadly disease threatens healthy dogs across London and Kent
- Pet of the Day: Rescue pony Bea has star quality
- Bexleyheath Broadway re-opened after fire in outside wall 'caused by cigarette'
- Lady Gaga gives birth - to an amphibian