Bromley’s award-winning a cappella singers Just Voices are hosting a choral vigil by candlelight to commemorate the outbreak of the First World War.
Held at the Baptist Church Hall, Gravel Road, Bromley Common, there will be singing, music, readings, and refreshments, as well as a collection for the Royal British Legion.
It is set to take place at 8.45pm on Monday August 4, as groups across the country come together to remember those who fought, with many other events planned throughout the borough.
Collectively, 14-18 Now, the official cultural programme for the First World War centenary, looks to inspire everyone to turn the lights out between 10-11pm.
Described as "one of the most dramatic UK-wide events ever organised", everyone in the country has been asked to switch off and leave just a single candle on to share a "moment of reflection".
- Woman arrested over alleged attempted abduction at Gravesend school
- 5 things to see and do in...Orpington
- Family-run Orpington furniture store to feature on Peter Andre's 60 Minute Makeover
- VIDEO: Cute 4-year-old girl fluffs nursery rhyme adorably - then gets it right for us
- Teenage boy fixated with TV serial killer Dexter jailed for murder of West Wickham girl