Bromley’s award-winning a cappella singers Just Voices are hosting a choral vigil by candlelight to commemorate the outbreak of the First World War.
Held at the Baptist Church Hall, Gravel Road, Bromley Common, there will be singing, music, readings, and refreshments, as well as a collection for the Royal British Legion.
It is set to take place at 8.45pm on Monday August 4, as groups across the country come together to remember those who fought, with many other events planned throughout the borough.
Collectively, 14-18 Now, the official cultural programme for the First World War centenary, looks to inspire everyone to turn the lights out between 10-11pm.
Described as "one of the most dramatic UK-wide events ever organised", everyone in the country has been asked to switch off and leave just a single candle on to share a "moment of reflection".
- VIDEO: Catford Bridge Tavern 'will reopen' despite huge fire
- PICTURED: Special funeral preparations underway in Hayes for UK's former tallest man
- Long delays on the M25 due to Dartford Tunnel crash
- Fearne Cotton presents Welling woman with Mum of the Year award
- High Court rules in favour of Gravesham Council in Heritage Quarter hearing