Bromley’s award-winning a cappella singers Just Voices are hosting a choral vigil by candlelight to commemorate the outbreak of the First World War.
Held at the Baptist Church Hall, Gravel Road, Bromley Common, there will be singing, music, readings, and refreshments, as well as a collection for the Royal British Legion.
It is set to take place at 8.45pm on Monday August 4, as groups across the country come together to remember those who fought, with many other events planned throughout the borough.
Collectively, 14-18 Now, the official cultural programme for the First World War centenary, looks to inspire everyone to turn the lights out between 10-11pm.
Described as "one of the most dramatic UK-wide events ever organised", everyone in the country has been asked to switch off and leave just a single candle on to share a "moment of reflection".
- UPDATE: Blackwall Tunnel closure causes TEN MILE queues
- TWELVE MILE queues at Dartford Crossing due to drivers slowing down to look at lorry crash
- TRAVEL: Southern warns of cancellations due to conductor and driver shortage
- Truly stunning - 24 of Tim Peake's most amazing photos from space
- Police appeal after 10-year-old autistic boy goes missing from Sydenham