Erith and Thamesmead MP Teresa Pearce hosted a jobs fair in Belvedere attended by 400 people.
Belvedere Community Centre welcomed advisory services, education providers, local businesses and large national recruiters who spoke with members of the public about the opportunities they had to offer.
Lidl UK is looking to fill around 200 positions and interviewed prospective candidates on the day.
Asda, Crossrail, CuroCare, Hovis, and Iceland were also in attendance to speak about their vacancies.
A number of people attended seminars and workshops at the centre in Mitchell Close on July 11. One-to-one personalised careers advice sessions were also popular.
Ms Pearce said: “Unemployment is a big problem across Erith and Thamesmead and I am really pleased so many of my constituents took the opportunity to speak directly with employers about their current vacancies.
“Hopefully a number of people will be able to secure employment as a result of the day.
“I would like to thank the local and national employers who came on the day to speak with constituents about their live vacancies.
“I would also like to thank the advisory services and the education providers who were present on the day to offer helpful tips and information about the opportunities they have to offer.
“Unemployment can have a big impact on individuals and families, and I hope that this event will have helped some people to find work and determine what steps they will take next.”
- UPDATE: Crystal Palace fan tracks down woman he met on train after viral Twitter plea
- VIDEO: 'I'm not scared anymore' - Slade Green 7-year-old gives emotional speech about cancer treatment
- Heartless thieves steal family heirlooms from 65-year-old’s Beckenham home
- Goldsmiths memorial service remembers Holocaust victims and survivors
- Erith man with spine condition wins employment tribunal