Erith and Thamesmead MP Teresa Pearce hosted a jobs fair in Belvedere attended by 400 people.
Belvedere Community Centre welcomed advisory services, education providers, local businesses and large national recruiters who spoke with members of the public about the opportunities they had to offer.
Lidl UK is looking to fill around 200 positions and interviewed prospective candidates on the day.
Asda, Crossrail, CuroCare, Hovis, and Iceland were also in attendance to speak about their vacancies.
A number of people attended seminars and workshops at the centre in Mitchell Close on July 11. One-to-one personalised careers advice sessions were also popular.
Ms Pearce said: “Unemployment is a big problem across Erith and Thamesmead and I am really pleased so many of my constituents took the opportunity to speak directly with employers about their current vacancies.
“Hopefully a number of people will be able to secure employment as a result of the day.
“I would like to thank the local and national employers who came on the day to speak with constituents about their live vacancies.
“I would also like to thank the advisory services and the education providers who were present on the day to offer helpful tips and information about the opportunities they have to offer.
“Unemployment can have a big impact on individuals and families, and I hope that this event will have helped some people to find work and determine what steps they will take next.”
- Two taken to hospital after police car crash in Bexleyheath
- Elton John, Matt Damon, Wills and Kate: Our gallery of celebrities spotted in south-east London
- WATCH: Man arrested as over 300 plants discovered in Crayford cannabis factory
- Dartford paedophile jailed again for sexually assaulting girl under 13 years old
- WATCH: Girl, 8, takes on Tesco over 'sexist' kids' clothing - do you agree with her?