Two men have been charged after an elderly Petts Wood couple were tied up at their home before being robbed.
Junior Miller, 36, from north London, has been charged with committing burglary with violence, two counts of false imprisonment, possession of a section 5 firearm and possession of a Class B drug.
Reece Williams, 23, also of north London, has been charged with committing burglary with violence, two counts of possession of another person’s identity documents and possession of articles concerned in fraud, as well as drug offences.
They were due to appear at Bromley Magistrates’ Court today (July 17).
The duo were arrested in connection with a Petts Wood burglary on June 9 in which an elderly couple were left in hospital.
The early morning raid saw a man, 69, and his 67-year-old wife attacked at their home in Chislehurst Road before being robbed of jewellery and cash.
Both victims suffered multiple injuries and were taken to a south London hospital after the female victim was able to free herself and call the police.
- Delay in Stone Crossing footbridge build slammed by council and MP
- Consulation to extend Bakerloo line to Lewisham begins with proposed start date sooner than expected
- Stat Chat: Fear of terrorism rises but what else are we afraid of?
- Pet of the Day: Duke will greet you with a bark and give a high-five
- VIDEO: Joyrider on run from police hits Blackfen house 'like a bomb'