A man claims to have found the burnt-out remains of a Volvo, involved in a police chase in West Wickham this week, near his home.
At around 1.30pm on Wednesday (July 16) a police car was barged three times as a car fled the scene of an attempted burglary, causing a pile-up in West Wickham.
Police had been alerted to the attempted burglary in Bishop Butt Close, Orpington, at 1.20pm, after two men were disturbed by a householder trying to break into his garage.
The men fled the scene in a Volvo, and a short while later the Volvo was spotted by officers in Glebe Way, West Wickham.
As they approached the vehicle it suddenly braked and reversed into the police car three times.
A Saab and Vauxhall Corsa, behind the police car, were also damaged. Police officers and drivers of the Saab and Vauxhall Corsa suffered minor injuries.
On Twitter @sammears_ said: "What's happening in west wickham police chasing a car with its boot hanging off, p**** nearly killed me."
@Mrskbarley added: "Car speeding through West Wickham High Street, police in pursuit, Someone up to no good! Left bumper in road opposite our office."
The Volvo drove off in the direction of West Wickham and was later found burnt-out in Wickham Road, Croydon.
A 24-year-old man, who did not want to be named, said he saw men park the car near his home.
He said: "There were two young white lads. They dumped the car round the back of my property.
"It looked like they were trying to get something out of the vehicle, but they weren't able to, so they just set fire to the car."
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- Two taken to hospital after police car crash in Bexleyheath
- Elton John, Matt Damon, Wills and Kate: Our gallery of celebrities spotted in south-east London
- WATCH: Man arrested as over 300 plants discovered in Crayford cannabis factory
- Dartford paedophile jailed again for sexually assaulting girl under 13 years old
- WATCH: Girl, 8, takes on Tesco over 'sexist' kids' clothing - do you agree with her?