An 84-year-old woman from Orpington had cash and four gold rings stolen by a burglar who posed as a security guard while he ransacked her house.
Police are investigating the incident in Fordwich Close which happened at around 4pm on Tuesday.
A white male in his 30s, about 5ft 6in tall with a slim build and short dark hair, reportedly got in through the victim’s bedroom window.
Her daughter Deborah Nicholson Boulares, 58, who did not want her mother to be named, said the intruder was wearing a black top which had 'security' embroidered in red on the right breast.
The sheltered housing officer told News Shopper: “Before she could even say ‘what are you doing in my house?’ he said ‘don’t worry love, you’ve been burgled.
“He added ‘don’t worry, the police have got the 15-year-old lad’.
“He’s then got her to check the boxes on her dressing table to see if anything else is missing so she’s got all her jewellery out.
“Finally he asked her if she had any money.”
After taking £25 from the grandmother-of-two’s purse and reportedly slinging it behind the sofa the burglar smoked a cigarette, stubbed it out in her ash tray and took off.
During the 25 minutes he spent in the widow’s home he also stole four gold rings worth around £2,000 which were gifts from her late husband, including one of 18-carat white gold.
Mrs Nicholson Boulares, who lives in Dover, said: “I want the git caught.
“He’s dangerous and clearly well versed in this sort of thing.
“This could have been a lot worse – god forbid I could have been mourning my mum.
“We are a very quiet family and this has hit us like a ton of bricks.
“Angry doesn’t even cover it.”
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with any information should contact Bromley Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- Video shows 'migrants being helped off lorry on M25 in Dartford'
- 'Huge milestone': Green light for 1,500 new Thamesmead homes as huge £1bn regeneration scheme starts
- Still taking its toll: Queen Elizabeth II Bridge at Dartford Crossing is a quarter of a century old
- 9 facts about the M25 as Britain's biggest car park and the road to hell turns 30
- Greenhithe police officer died during 'dangerous sex game', man accused of murdering him tells court