A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Woman and boy dead after being hit by car during police chase in Penge
- Crayford brothers charged with murder of man in Eltham
- TRAVEL CHAOS: Long train delays across south-east London and north Kent
- Pokemon Go hunters come across couple having sex on Blackheath Common
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Can you help Bexley police catch these six suspected criminals?