A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Police concern for missing Beckenham man, David Hopkins
- Five differences between the north and south - by a real northerner
- Missing teen Keiarni Hamilton-Hughes, 16, has links with Eltham
- Welling X Factor hopeful, Charlie Jones, urges fans to 'vote for Stereo Kicks' in Movie Week
- Work begins on Swanley Gateway