A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Bromley police officer, who won bravery medal for foiling armed break-in in 1950, dies aged 89
- VIDEO: Residents of doomed Woolwich estate 'are being forgotten'
- More than 4,400 attend return of Lewisham Model Market
- Boy, 7, hit by car in Hayes
- Greenwich girl called Matt missing again and could be in Gravesend