Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Woman found with self-inflicted neck wounds from airguns in Sidcup
A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Dartford Crossing delays with tailbacks stretching 10 miles, reportedly as far as Orpington
- UPDATE: Neighbours describe horrific moments after 6-year-old boy killed by car in Thamesmead
- PICTURES: Parts of Beckenham flooded after torrential downfall
- Monty Python's Spamalot set for Bromley run
- Gas leak causes traffic chaos around the Blackwall Tunnel