A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- 16-year-old in 'stable condition' after being hit by car and bus in Plumstead
- Woolwich pub 'stabbing' was a fight, police say
- Duo arrested at Bromley South for racially abusing staff
- UPDATE: Cyclist receives 'serious head injury' after crash in Greenwich Park
- Limited edition Marvel Avengers artwork goes on display at Bluewater