A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)
- Woolwich man to appear in court after allegedly hitting pedestrian with car outside Dartford nightclub
- Man accused of Claire Tiltman's murder told police he knew a man matching suspect's description