A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- 10 Black Friday facts and figures as UK shoppers get set for sales madness
- Pet of the Day: Cute Cassie
- Bexleyheath Academy teacher 'appalled' by allegations of sex with pupil
- Mum and daughter attacked and pushed off Dartford-bound train at Welling
- Will Father Christmas arrive in an ambulance this year?