A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- UPDATE: Crystal Palace fan tracks down woman he met on train after viral Twitter plea
- VIDEO: 'I'm not scared anymore' - Slade Green 7-year-old gives emotional speech about cancer treatment
- Heartless thieves steal family heirlooms from 65-year-old’s Beckenham home
- Goldsmiths memorial service remembers Holocaust victims and survivors
- Erith man with spine condition wins employment tribunal