A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Woman, 18, ‘raped’ in Erith underpass
- Ex-Bexleyheath Academy assistant vice-principal loses appeal after sexual relationship with pupil
- Spurned lover shames 'cheating' ex with posters plastered around Woolwich
- Young girl ‘inappropriately touched’ by man, in his 60s, in Sidcup
- ‘I’ve lost my lifeline’: Mobility scooter stolen from Catford man with two months to live