A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Neglected horses rescued in Sidcup due to 'immediate concerns for their welfare'
- Rail fare hike arrives on time unlike many trains
- Southern rail passengers compensated four weeks' travel over operator's 'poor performance'
- Advice to 'drink plenty of water' when you’re unwell could actually be bad for you, doctors warn
- Lewisham borough worst for education in London