A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Woman hit by bus in outside cinema North Greenwich
- Sweet justice: Erith drug dealer who hid cocaine in a tub of sweets jailed
- Fundraiser for murdered former Bromley police officer Keith Palmer raises over £700,000
- POLL: Ahead of Article 50 triggering Brexit, how would you vote if EU referendum was held NOW?
- Wife of Westminster attacker speaks out: 'I am saddened and shocked by what Khalid has done'