A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- 'Vile' - Orpington man jailed after sending girls sexually explicit Facebook messages and texts
- VIDEO: Ever wondered what qualifications Sydenham’s Jason Statham has?
- Police urgently seek woman who has escaped from Sidcup mental health unit
- Two men injured as trio try to force their way into Bickley home
- 'Great looking, high-octane and thought-provoking - what's not to love?': Chappie (12A) reviewed