A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- New Cross lorry crash: Police appeal for information following fatal collision
- M25 killer Kenneth Noye wins High Court open prison appeal
- Dartford Crossing faces overnight closures again next week
- Former Stephen Lawrence murder suspect from Eltham jailed over drugs plot
- King's Troop soldier taken to hospital with serious injuries after being 'thrown off her horse' in Charlton Park