A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine
- UPDATE: Exams 'interrupted' after Welling school bomb threat
- INQUEST: Albanian Belmarsh inmate's cell was 'covered in faeces and urine'