A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Goldsmiths professor wins diversity award
- Erith woman's anger at Wetherspoon's 'lack of compassion' following father's bathroom fall
- Lewisham Islamic Centre joins wife of British hostage in IS release plea
- UPDATE: Woman in serious condition following Hither Green road traffic accident
- Six fire engines fight to tackle third Waste4Fuel blaze in St Paul's Cray this week