A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Fox rescued from Greenwich building site
- UPDATE: Eight mile queues on M25 after police rescue man from Dartford bridge
- Trespassers close two separate train lines through Meopham, Longfield and Gravesend
- Live news, traffic and weather updates for south-east London and north Kent
- WEATHER: Patchy rain and gusty winds throughout the day