A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Teenager and woman arrested after man stabbed in Erith
- Dangerous Eltham driver on his phone crashes into 3 vehicles while trying to escape from the police
- Parents launch last-ditch attempt to save 2-year-old daughter after latest supposed victory against cancer fails
- Pensioner jailed for sexual abuse at Anerley children's home
- Southern drivers suspend strikes ahead of new talks