Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Downham woman ordered to pay £620 for dumping waste in St Paul's Cray
A Downham woman caught on camera dumping waste in St Paul’s Cray has been ordered to pay £620.
Samantha Weller, of Ballamore Road, was fined £100 and ordered to pay £500 and a £20 victim surcharge at Bromley Magistrates' Court last month.
Last September, Bromley Council's CCTV camera caught Weller and anther woman unloading and dumping waste from the clearance of a house next to the council's recycle bins in Cotmandene Crescent car park.
Executive member for public protection and safety Councillor Tim Stevens said: "Local residents, through their local councillors, requested CCTV at the Cotmandene Crescent car park to help combat regular dumping of rubbish there.
"I am pleased that council officers are able to bring people to account for their actions and hope this will send out a strong message that will help keep the car park clear of inappropriately dumped rubbish."
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq talks cricket ahead of Lashings All Star games in Bromley and Blackheath
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (August 2 and 3)
- Bexley Council and police investigating if Thamesmead roads were to blame in tragic road death
- Pair trapped in Gravesend crash between van and car
- Firefighters called to huge blaze in Eltham