Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Downham woman ordered to pay £620 for dumping waste in St Paul's Cray
A Downham woman caught on camera dumping waste in St Paul’s Cray has been ordered to pay £620.
Samantha Weller, of Ballamore Road, was fined £100 and ordered to pay £500 and a £20 victim surcharge at Bromley Magistrates' Court last month.
Last September, Bromley Council's CCTV camera caught Weller and anther woman unloading and dumping waste from the clearance of a house next to the council's recycle bins in Cotmandene Crescent car park.
Executive member for public protection and safety Councillor Tim Stevens said: "Local residents, through their local councillors, requested CCTV at the Cotmandene Crescent car park to help combat regular dumping of rubbish there.
"I am pleased that council officers are able to bring people to account for their actions and hope this will send out a strong message that will help keep the car park clear of inappropriately dumped rubbish."
- Dartford Crossing delays with tailbacks stretching 10 miles, reportedly as far as Orpington
- UPDATE: Neighbours describe horrific moments after 6-year-old boy killed by car in Thamesmead
- PICTURES: Parts of Beckenham flooded after torrential downfall
- Monty Python's Spamalot set for Bromley run
- Gas leak causes traffic chaos around the Blackwall Tunnel