Every Bexley child in reception classes 1 and 2 will be entitled to a free school meal from September.
The scheme will save parents more than £400 a year and should encourage even more kids to have a school dinner.
Bexley Council hopes the free meals will help boost pupils’ concentration and is encouraging parents to contact the schools to take up the offer.
Organisers are also aiming to instil healthy habits in the children which will remain throughout their lives.
Councillor John Fuller, cabinet member for education, said: "Gone are the days when school dinners used to be the butt of so many jokes.
"Nowadays school meals are delicious and nutritious. I'd urge parents and carers of Key Stage 1 children to take up this fantastic offer.
"It's a chance to save money and make sure your children get a meal during their school day."
Visit bexley.gov.uk/schools for more information.
- JAILED: TV actor and 'dangerous sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party
- Teenager in critical condition after Grove Park stabbing
- Lewisham boy denies attacking police dog who was repeatedly stabbed while chasing suspect
- Sadomasochist accused of murdering Greenhithe PC thought he was 'getting away with it' by disposing of body
- Eltham teacher becomes star of TV ad campaign