Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Save Lewisham Hospital campaigners call for positive stories of patient care
Campaigners who helped save threatened services at Lewisham Hospital are calling for positive stories of excellent patient care.
Save Lewisham Hospital Campaign has teamed with Lewisham Healthwatch to research examples of excellent community care with the aim of supporting care in and out of hospital in the borough.
Stories are being gathered from patients, clinicians and managers to uncover the key ingredients to first-class healthcare.
An inquiry took place on June 28 to discuss community care and a plan will be drawn up on July 29 at a public meeting at Catford Civic Suite from 10.30am to 2pm.
Manager of Healthwatch Lewisham Miriam Long said: “The next stage is to write the report and a plan of action that will be discussed with commissioners. The involvement of so many people has meant we’ll be able to tell them a compelling story.”
To share your positive story visit savelewishamhospital.com/community-care-survey/
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Fake Abbey Wood hospice van seen cruising for late night donations
- Bexleyheath pool duping customers with 'free' swim offer, says user
- Erith gym holds white collar boxing night in memory of Tommy Main
- A history of Orpington Hospital: Remembering its beginnings as a vital part of the First World War