A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital after a crash involving three cars near to the Blackwall Tunnel this afternoon (July 1).
London Ambulance Service (LAS) staff were called to reports of a collision involving three cars and a motorbike near the tunnel’s south approach at 12.59pm.
The motorcyclist was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital with a shoulder injury.
Traffic was heavy in the area following the incident with queues reported to be easing.
An LAS spokeswoman said: “We were called at 12.58pm to a road traffic collision near the Blackwall Tunnel south approach between three cars and a motorbike.
“We sent an ambulance crew and a single responder in a car and we took one patient with a shoulder injury to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.”
- Police 'told pupil having affair with Bexleyheath Academy teacher year before action taken'
- UPDATE: Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- PICTURES AND VIDEO: Lewisham floods as River Ravensbourne burst its banks
- Bromley Council Leader "cannot ignore a gentleman with a £500 million cheque"
- Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds coming to Greenwich on its way to final performance