Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Motorcyclist in hospital after Blackwall Tunnel crash with three cars
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital after a crash involving three cars near to the Blackwall Tunnel this afternoon (July 1).
London Ambulance Service (LAS) staff were called to reports of a collision involving three cars and a motorbike near the tunnel’s south approach at 12.59pm.
The motorcyclist was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital with a shoulder injury.
Traffic was heavy in the area following the incident with queues reported to be easing.
An LAS spokeswoman said: “We were called at 12.58pm to a road traffic collision near the Blackwall Tunnel south approach between three cars and a motorbike.
“We sent an ambulance crew and a single responder in a car and we took one patient with a shoulder injury to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.”
- UPDATE: Downham launderette fire sparked by folded clothes close to where man suffered serious injury in crash just hours before
- Catford bank employee who ran up £200k of debt gets book published
- South east London band RetroMuso serve up classic rock sound
- Fist-bumps are better than handshakes and high-fives, say scientists
- Police hunt for witnesses to fight at Sidcup pub