A Bexleyheath care home has celebrated its first ever wedding ceremony.
Philip York, 32, and Mandy York, 37, decided to hold the special day on June 21 in the Maples facility in Glynde Road where Mr York works as an activities coordinator.
The Balham-based couple were inundated with so many questions from residents about their wedding last month they decided to recreate the occasion in the care home itself.
Mr York told the News Shopper: "I got married a few weeks ago and thought it would be a wonderful idea if we also had a wedding blessing at the home as so many residents kept asking about it and also asking to meet my new wife.
"It was an absolutely amazing day. The weather was beautiful and all the residents were invited - around 50 people came in total.
"I just want to thank all the residents, friends and family for making it such an incredible day. We all had a great time."
The Maples officially opened on February 13 with Councillor Sharon Massey doing the honours.
The facility provides residential, nursing and dementia care, boasts state-of-the-art adaptations.
- UPDATE: Is this the most ridiculous parking fine ever issued?
- Man, 68, dies after being hit by train in Erith
- Fountain of faeces flows down Sidcup street for 36 hours
- 'Keep doors and windows closed': Large fire breaks out in Crayford
- UPDATE: Identity of terrifying creature discovered at docks near Greenwich revealed