The festival season kicked off in Crystal Palace today in what is expected to be the biggest Overground event yet.
Things got going at 9.30 this morning, with community group performances, screenings of short films from Channel 4’s Random Acts, and a light show from last year’s headliners Metamono all planned for the coming days.
Organisers say the 8th Crystal Palace Overground Festival will take the showcase “to the next level” with more sporting competitions, food and drink, music, film, and other delights on offer.
Happenings over June 26 and 27 are being held around Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle area before the big weekend.
For full details visit www.crystalpalacefestival.org
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say
- UPDATE: New Eltham travellers evicted from former Gaelic football pitch
- Bexley shops warned after £50 note scam
- Lewisham and Greenwich men among jailed members of global multi-million pound drug smuggling operation which hid cocaine in children's toys
- Knife found after stop and search in Lewisham