The festival season kicked off in Crystal Palace today in what is expected to be the biggest Overground event yet.
Things got going at 9.30 this morning, with community group performances, screenings of short films from Channel 4’s Random Acts, and a light show from last year’s headliners Metamono all planned for the coming days.
Organisers say the 8th Crystal Palace Overground Festival will take the showcase “to the next level” with more sporting competitions, food and drink, music, film, and other delights on offer.
Happenings over June 26 and 27 are being held around Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle area before the big weekend.
For full details visit www.crystalpalacefestival.org
- UPDATE: Warning after mystery white powder 'poisons' Greenwich dogs
- Bromley schoolboy died after he was punched in the face unprovoked, court hears
- Ukip choose culture spokesman as candidate for Eltham election
- Northumberland Heath shops take on meningitis with fundraising week
- Shirtless man in two-hour police stand-off outside Lewisham Hospital