The festival season kicked off in Crystal Palace today in what is expected to be the biggest Overground event yet.
Things got going at 9.30 this morning, with community group performances, screenings of short films from Channel 4’s Random Acts, and a light show from last year’s headliners Metamono all planned for the coming days.
Organisers say the 8th Crystal Palace Overground Festival will take the showcase “to the next level” with more sporting competitions, food and drink, music, film, and other delights on offer.
Happenings over June 26 and 27 are being held around Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle area before the big weekend.
For full details visit www.crystalpalacefestival.org
- Crayford boy refuses to attend school after being dropped from top set of classes
- Man rushed to hospital after stabbing in Eltham
- Cash stolen from Marks and Spencer store in Bluewater
- Cyclist killed by car during race in France
- You can work in London and save £450,000 buying a home - but there's a catch