Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Director at Dartford's Miskin Theatre where Bond girl Gemma Arterton trained is suspended
The director of a Dartford theatre school which helped launch the career of a Gravesend Bond girl has been suspended.
Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts at Miskin Theatre, is now the subject of an internal investigation.
The Oakfield Lane theatre is part of North West Kent College and it has not yet been revealed why the school has taken the action.
Gravesend’s Gemma Arterton, who appeared in 2008’s Quantam of Solace, started on her way to stardom after enrolling on a course at Miskin.
A statement from North West Kent College said: “Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts, has been suspended pending an internal investigation.
“This is a neutral act which by no means infers any guilt of wrongdoing.
“North West Kent College has no further comment to make.”
- UPDATE: 'Crowd took photos and abused me as I saved Catford crash victim's life'
- UPDATED: Three-year-old boy falls out of window in Temple Hill Square, Dartford
- Mysterious 'Met Police spy plane' seen circling Lewisham, Eltham and Blackheath
- Goldsmiths Arms in Penge set for first annual summer fete
- Minnie Mouse appears at Bromley United Services Club Help For Heroes fundraiser