Southeastern are to amend their rush hour train service between Cannon Street and Orpington.
From next Monday (June 30), the 6.23pm Cannon Street to Orpington service will run eight carriages rather than the current six carriages.
This will provide additional 180 seats for passengers and help to relieve overcrowding on this particular train.
The changes had been set for January as part of a new timetable, but they have been brought forward in response to calls from passengers.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine