Southeastern are to amend their rush hour train service between Cannon Street and Orpington.
From next Monday (June 30), the 6.23pm Cannon Street to Orpington service will run eight carriages rather than the current six carriages.
This will provide additional 180 seats for passengers and help to relieve overcrowding on this particular train.
The changes had been set for January as part of a new timetable, but they have been brought forward in response to calls from passengers.
- 'Huge milestone': Green light for 1,500 new Thamesmead homes as huge £1bn regeneration scheme starts
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Damaged water pipe causes fountain to appear in Blackheath street
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- UPDATE: Teenager in court over North Greenwich Tube station 'bomb' alert