Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
New boys-only free school for Chislehurst could get the green light
A new boys-only free school could be coming to Chislehurst.
Bullers Wood School for Girls announced today (June 24) it has permission to apply to set up the 11-16, four-form entry comprehensive, which would open in September 2016.
Deputy headteacher Deborah Carter is hoping the proposals are given the green light following a consultation evening next month.
The team behind the project says the application comes after parents complained there was a lack of single-sex education in the borough, and also mentioned an increasing demand for school places.
Headteacher Nick Cross said the school has been successful in joining a government development programme that looks to aid the creation of free schools, and is now looking for full approval.
He added: “The staff and governors at Bullers Wood School for Girls believe that we will be meeting demand, created by a significant increase in need for school places within Bromley in the years ahead.”
Bullers Wood School for Girls is one of 24 groups of teachers, parents, and charities to operate as part of a national development programme that looks to see more free schools created.
The consultation evening is set to take place on Thursday July 10 at 7.30pm.
- Pet of the Day: In memory of Casey, this might bring a tear to your eye
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Fake Abbey Wood hospice van seen cruising for late night donations
- Bexleyheath pool duping customers with 'free' swim offer, says user
- Erith gym holds white collar boxing night in memory of Tommy Main
Comments are closed on this article.