A taxi has been completely destroyed after bursting into flames on the M25 near Swanley during the morning rush hour.
An electrical fault is thought to have called the hackney cab to catch alight at around 7.25am while travelling on the anticlockwise carriageway between Junctions two and three.
The vehicle was sitting on the hard shoulder when police and fire crews arrived.
No one was injured but the cab was gutted by the flames which were out by 7.54am thanks to the efforts of firefighters from two engines sent from Dartford.
There were no lane closures but the incident did cause delays for morning commuters.
Do you have any pictures of the incident? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- Orpington contest launched to find best businesses
- Circus of Horrors' Guinness World Record hair hanger Anastasia IV tells Vibe 'we all like to be afraid'
- 5 Thoughts: 'Homophobic' bus driver was jealous and Victor Moses is a 'cheat'
- Santa spotted in Gravesend - and later branded an imposter