A taxi has been completely destroyed after bursting into flames on the M25 near Swanley during the morning rush hour.
An electrical fault is thought to have called the hackney cab to catch alight at around 7.25am while travelling on the anticlockwise carriageway between Junctions two and three.
The vehicle was sitting on the hard shoulder when police and fire crews arrived.
No one was injured but the cab was gutted by the flames which were out by 7.54am thanks to the efforts of firefighters from two engines sent from Dartford.
There were no lane closures but the incident did cause delays for morning commuters.
Do you have any pictures of the incident? Send them to email@example.com
- Happy birthday to us! 50 fabulous years of News Shopper
- Boost from Jack Petchey nomination sees Erith teenager start competitive Irish dancing
- UPDATE: 32-year-old Plumstead man killed in M20 crash near Wrotham
- VIDEO: Some West Wickham residents REALLY don't want a KFC drive-thru
- Boccia glory for Bexley youngsters at London Youth Games