A taxi has been completely destroyed after bursting into flames on the M25 near Swanley during the morning rush hour.
An electrical fault is thought to have called the hackney cab to catch alight at around 7.25am while travelling on the anticlockwise carriageway between Junctions two and three.
The vehicle was sitting on the hard shoulder when police and fire crews arrived.
No one was injured but the cab was gutted by the flames which were out by 7.54am thanks to the efforts of firefighters from two engines sent from Dartford.
There were no lane closures but the incident did cause delays for morning commuters.
Do you have any pictures of the incident? Send them to email@example.com
- Naked bald man seen 'aggressively masturbating' and 'grunting' in Grove Park
- Deptford Boxing Day burglar jailed
- Do you know this woman? Police are tracing her after pick-pocketing on 78-year-old woman
- Road to Parliament blog: Interesting, honest and polite - hustings are a far cry from TV debates
- Large cannabis factory dismantled by police in Lewisham