A taxi has been completely destroyed after bursting into flames on the M25 near Swanley during the morning rush hour.
An electrical fault is thought to have called the hackney cab to catch alight at around 7.25am while travelling on the anticlockwise carriageway between Junctions two and three.
The vehicle was sitting on the hard shoulder when police and fire crews arrived.
No one was injured but the cab was gutted by the flames which were out by 7.54am thanks to the efforts of firefighters from two engines sent from Dartford.
There were no lane closures but the incident did cause delays for morning commuters.
Do you have any pictures of the incident? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (October 25 and 26)
- Police appeal after man takes double decker bus from Orpington bus depot and drives it to Shirley
- Queues at re-opened Dartford Tunnel following five-vehicle M25 crash