Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Taxi destroyed after catching fire on M25 near Swanley during rush hour
A taxi has been completely destroyed after bursting into flames on the M25 near Swanley during the morning rush hour.
An electrical fault is thought to have called the hackney cab to catch alight at around 7.25am while travelling on the anticlockwise carriageway between Junctions two and three.
The vehicle was sitting on the hard shoulder when police and fire crews arrived.
No one was injured but the cab was gutted by the flames which were out by 7.54am thanks to the efforts of firefighters from two engines sent from Dartford.
There were no lane closures but the incident did cause delays for morning commuters.
Do you have any pictures of the incident? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPDATE: Armed police in South Darenth after woman rushed to hospital
- M25 near Orpington suffering severe delays after car pulling caravan overturns
- Penge bus driver stabbed through window with knife in altercation with pedestrian
- Greenwich mudlark discovers three-year-old message in a bottle from Gravesend kids
- Young girl 'nearly abducted by stranger' during Gravesend picnic
Comments are closed on this article.