Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Taxi destroyed after catching fire on M25 near Swanley during rush hour
A taxi has been completely destroyed after bursting into flames on the M25 near Swanley during the morning rush hour.
An electrical fault is thought to have called the hackney cab to catch alight at around 7.25am while travelling on the anticlockwise carriageway between Junctions two and three.
The vehicle was sitting on the hard shoulder when police and fire crews arrived.
No one was injured but the cab was gutted by the flames which were out by 7.54am thanks to the efforts of firefighters from two engines sent from Dartford.
There were no lane closures but the incident did cause delays for morning commuters.
Do you have any pictures of the incident? Send them to email@example.com
- Pet of the Day: It's Pixie the very pink pug pup
- Air ambulance called after fire in Market Square, Bromley
- TASTE TEST: Which supermarket's scones are the best for a Devonshire cream tea?
- Elderly woman blames Lewisham Council for sleepless nights after lamppost light changed
- NSPCC helpline for parents worried about gangs
Comments are closed on this article.