An Abbey Wood teenager has admitted going on a joyride through south east Bexley and Dartford in a stolen £50,000 motor home.
Conna Herbert, 19, was at the wheel of the Ford Transit Hobby A65 when police officers spotted it travelling at speed in Hurstwood Avenue, Bexley, at around 4.10pm on March 24.
An off duty officer had rung in saying he believed the vehicle was stolen and his colleagues followed it to Parkside Avenue in Barnehurst, where it went in convoy with another car.
Once there Herbert performed a three point turn in the road before heading off in the direction of Dartford.
Officers followed the two vehicles into Lowfield Street before ordering both to pull over in Hawley Road by the traffic lights at the junction with Oakfield Lane.
Prosecutor Johnson Shittu told Bexley Magistrates' Court on June 4: "The defendant jumped out, saw the officers and said 'oh s***'.
The sort of motor home taken by Herbert (Timberland Motorhomes).
"He was detained and arrested. The ignition and steering column were found to have been tampered with."
Herbert tried to flee from police on foot but was cornered after a short pursuit.
He was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle along with a 33-year-old man and 29-year-old woman who had been following him in the other car.
They were later released without charge.
A screwdriver had been used to start the £51,985 motor home, which had been stolen from a garage forecourt in Canterbury overnight between March 21 and 22.
Herbert, of Boxgrove Road, Abbey Wood, has a previous conviction for careless driving.
He pleaded guilty to taking a motor vehicle without the owner's consent and using a motor vehicle on a road without third party insurance.
Sentencing was adjourned and Herbert was bailed to appear again at Bexley Magistrates' Court on June 12.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine