Abbey Wood teenager Conna Herbert admits joyride through Bexley and Dartford in stolen £50,000 motor home

Conna Herbert has admitted taking the wheel of a stolen motor home.

Conna Herbert has admitted taking the wheel of a stolen motor home.

First published in News News Shopper: Photograph of the Author Exclusive by , reporter

An Abbey Wood teenager has admitted going on a joyride through south east Bexley and Dartford in a stolen £50,000 motor home.

Conna Herbert, 19, was at the wheel of the Ford Transit Hobby A65 when police officers spotted it travelling at speed in Hurstwood Avenue, Bexley, at around 4.10pm on March 24.

An off duty officer had rung in saying he believed the vehicle was stolen and his colleagues followed it to Parkside Avenue in Barnehurst, where it went in convoy with another car.

Once there Herbert performed a three point turn in the road before heading off in the direction of Dartford.

Officers followed the two vehicles into Lowfield Street before ordering both to pull over in Hawley Road by the traffic lights at the junction with Oakfield Lane.

Prosecutor Johnson Shittu told Bexley Magistrates' Court on June 4: "The defendant jumped out, saw the officers and said 'oh s***'.

 

News Shopper:

The sort of motor home taken by Herbert (Timberland Motorhomes). 

"He was detained and arrested. The ignition and steering column were found to have been tampered with."

Herbert tried to flee from police on foot but was cornered after a short pursuit.

He was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle along with a 33-year-old man and 29-year-old woman who had been following him in the other car.

They were later released without charge.

A screwdriver had been used to start the £51,985 motor home, which had been stolen from a garage forecourt in Canterbury overnight between March 21 and 22.

Herbert, of Boxgrove Road, Abbey Wood, has a previous conviction for careless driving.

He pleaded guilty to taking a motor vehicle without the owner's consent and using a motor vehicle on a road without third party insurance.

Sentencing was adjourned and Herbert was bailed to appear again at Bexley Magistrates' Court on June 12.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree