Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bromley police take in nearly 20 motors in fight against uninsured motors
Nearly twenty vehicles were seized across Bromley last week as police came down on uninsured drivers.
Police reported nabbing 18 motors on Thursday May 8 in their latest Operation Cubo crackdown.
Bromley borough commander Chris Hafford said people on the road without insurance pose a risk to others, and mentioned the link with violent crime, drugs, and theft.
He said: “We're sending a strong message to people who choose to drive without insurance – we will seize your vehicles and remove them from our roads.
“Uninsured drivers are a danger to all road users and we will use every power available to us to stop these people making Bromley's roads dangerous.
“These operations are also about disrupting the offenders who use their vehicles to commit crime in Bromley borough and beyond, and use them to transport weapons, drugs and stolen property.
“We will continue to pursue them relentlessly to make our streets in safer.”
Police noted many uninsured drivers have a criminal record and actively use their vehicles to “facilitate their offending”.
Uninsured drivers are also five times more likely to be involved in collisions and less likely to have vehicles in a roadworthy condition.
Officers used number plate recognition technology at various locations to add to the 1,700 found in the last two years.
- Buster the Staffie is Battersea Dogs Home's longest-staying Kent resident - can you give a home?
- Pet of the Day: Benson the big softie
- Ban for driver who took off while being given a speeding ticket
- Man jailed for stealing police car on Crayford night out
- Huge fly-tipping sites in Ladywell uncovered
Comments are closed on this article.