The borough is getting its very own ‘Saturday Kitchen’ next month.
Bromley College is launching a new hospitality course in September and is introducing a range of cookery taster sessions to ‘wet the appetites’ of would-be chefs. T
he programme seeks to teach culinary skills to 13-16 year-olds with a “passion for food” and in turn give them an insight into what is on offer at the new Hospitality Career College, which opens in September.
Youngsters can try their hand at preparing and cooking a three-course menu before getting feedback and advice from professionals.
The classes, on Saturdays throughout June, feature refreshments, recipe cards, and ingredients.
- Bromley fight leads to police seizing rocket launcher, machine gun and assault rifle
- MAPPED: 9 of the best fish and chip shops in south east London and north Kent
- Love-struck Crystal Palace fan's Twitter plea to find mystery woman he met on train
- Police called after woman threatens to jump into River Thames in Greenhithe
- Dartford tunnel closed after crash