The borough is getting its very own ‘Saturday Kitchen’ next month.
Bromley College is launching a new hospitality course in September and is introducing a range of cookery taster sessions to ‘wet the appetites’ of would-be chefs. T
he programme seeks to teach culinary skills to 13-16 year-olds with a “passion for food” and in turn give them an insight into what is on offer at the new Hospitality Career College, which opens in September.
Youngsters can try their hand at preparing and cooking a three-course menu before getting feedback and advice from professionals.
The classes, on Saturdays throughout June, feature refreshments, recipe cards, and ingredients.
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street
- Revealed: These are food hygiene ratings for every restaurant in Orpington High Street
- Students 'trashed' a park in Bexley forcing teachers and the public to clean up after them
- Eltham teen hit 15 people while driving 69mph in a 30mph area
- Bearded dragon rescued from Mottingham house fire