Football fans from Orpington were invited to take part in filming a World Cup advert this week.
The town was selected as one of the locations to shoot one of Sony’s ‘Join the World Cup’ videos, with the footage set to feature on the company’s website in the lead up to the summer tournament.
On Tuesday April 15 children adorned their football shirts and showed off their skills in front of a Rio de Janeiro backdrop, while also acting out how they would react if England won the trophy.
It was hosted by Orpington 1st at Walnut Market Square, and the group’s Sharon Baldwin said it was a great event.
She said: “We are delighted that Orpington was chosen and that residents and businesses took time out of their day to take part.
“We are really looking forward to seeing the footage.”
Keep an eye out on Sony’s website to see Orpington’s football stars before the World Cup kicks off in June.
- WARNING: Roads in Mottingham closed due to burst water main
- Crash near Darenth Interchange brings traffic on M25 to grinding halt
- Brockley mum 'increasingly frail and desperate' in Iranian prison
- Govia Thameslink rail workers to ballot for industrial action over ticket office closure dispute
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent