Football fans from Orpington were invited to take part in filming a World Cup advert this week.
The town was selected as one of the locations to shoot one of Sony’s ‘Join the World Cup’ videos, with the footage set to feature on the company’s website in the lead up to the summer tournament.
On Tuesday April 15 children adorned their football shirts and showed off their skills in front of a Rio de Janeiro backdrop, while also acting out how they would react if England won the trophy.
It was hosted by Orpington 1st at Walnut Market Square, and the group’s Sharon Baldwin said it was a great event.
She said: “We are delighted that Orpington was chosen and that residents and businesses took time out of their day to take part.
“We are really looking forward to seeing the footage.”
Keep an eye out on Sony’s website to see Orpington’s football stars before the World Cup kicks off in June.
- No Southeastern services between Victoria and Lewisham until at least 6pm
- Orpington man arrested on suspicion of assault over 'minor' fare dispute
- Unsolved Lee rape case to feature on Crimewatch
- Orpington sprinter Dina Asher-Smith sets women's British 100m record
- Age UK Chislehurst hosts fundraiser after vandals wage destruction