Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: London Marathon 2014 runners through Greenwich borough
Around 36,000 runners pounded the streets of Greenwich yesterday (April 13) for the 34th London Marathon.
Celebrities, elite athletes and fun-runners took part in the 26.2mile course which kicked off in Greenwich Park and saw Olympic champion Mo Farah finish eighth in his marathon debut.
The race wound past Woolwich Common, Charlton, the Cutty Sark and through Deptford Park before heading past sights including the London Eye and finishing in front of Buckingham Palace.
However, the strenuous event was not without tragedy as a 42-year-old man died after collapsing at the finish line of the race.
While an elite woman athlete from Sierra Leone, who had been staying near Greenwich, went missing after finishing in 20th place.
Police said Mami Konneh Lahun, 24, vanished after the race when she had been due to fly home later today.
- Ban for driver who took off while being given a speeding ticket
- Man jailed for stealing police car on Crayford night out
- Huge fly-tipping sites in Ladywell uncovered
- FEATURE: A day in the life of a pest control officer
- Man who sexually assaulted sleeping woman on West Wickham train avoids jail
Comments are closed on this article.