Police are investigating a possible arson attack on a doctor’s surgery in Northfleet.
Officers were called to The Shubbery GP surgery in Perry Street at 10.51pm on April 9 to reports of a fire inside the property.
Two fire engines from Thames-side attended and crews needed to force the door open to gain entry.
Once inside they tackled a small fire on the carpet with a hose reel jet and removed smoke from the property with a ventilation fan.
Crews told Kent Police it had likely been started deliberately as there was no reason for the fire to break out where it did. A police spokesman said: “"Kent Police is investigating an alleged arson in Northfleet.
"It is reported that a property in Perry Street was alight just after 10.45pm on Wednesday, April 9."
- Young dancers wanted to join Strictly star in Dartford panto
- Greenwich support scheme given bigger role with vulnerable families
- Got to Dance success boosts career prospects for autistic Sydenham dancer Kaner
- Crayford travellers have moved on to Foots Cray Meadows
- Lewisham hosts government Syrian crisis open day