Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Police probe suspected arson attack at Northfleet GP surgery
Police are investigating a possible arson attack on a doctor’s surgery in Northfleet.
Officers were called to The Shubbery GP surgery in Perry Street at 10.51pm on April 9 to reports of a fire inside the property.
Two fire engines from Thames-side attended and crews needed to force the door open to gain entry.
Once inside they tackled a small fire on the carpet with a hose reel jet and removed smoke from the property with a ventilation fan.
Crews told Kent Police it had likely been started deliberately as there was no reason for the fire to break out where it did. A police spokesman said: “"Kent Police is investigating an alleged arson in Northfleet.
"It is reported that a property in Perry Street was alight just after 10.45pm on Wednesday, April 9."
- 6-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Dartford ex-soldier who murdered Marcus Innocent in Woolwich jailed for 28 years
- VIDEO: Orpington man is online celebrity thanks to YouTube cat videos
- Tributes paid to former funeral manager Jane Dale from Gravesend
- Golf club grass fire in Orpington causes damage to land equivalent to two football pitches
Comments are closed on this article.