Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham rapper Professor Green in court on drink-driving charge
Lewisham rapper Professor Green will appear in court today charged with drink-driving following an incident on the road next to where he lives.
The 30-year-old was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving on November 3.
At around 2.40am police attended reports a man had been robbed in Tyrwhitt Road, Lewisham, where the rapper lives.
When officers arrived, they discovered a Mercedes had been in a crash with a van in adjacent Darling Road and arrested Professor Green, real name Stephen Manderson, on suspicion of drink-driving.
A breath test showed he had 52 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The I Need You Tonight singer was bailed to appear at a south-east London police station on March 11 where he was charged with drink-driving and will appear after 10am today at Bromley Magistrates' Court.
- UPDATE: Armed police in South Darenth after woman rushed to hospital
- M25 near Orpington suffering severe delays after car pulling caravan overturns
- Penge bus driver stabbed through window with knife in altercation with pedestrian
- Greenwich mudlark discovers three-year-old message in a bottle from Gravesend kids
- Young girl 'nearly abducted by stranger' during Gravesend picnic