Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham rapper Professor Green in court on drink-driving charge
Lewisham rapper Professor Green will appear in court today charged with drink-driving following an incident on the road next to where he lives.
The 30-year-old was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving on November 3.
At around 2.40am police attended reports a man had been robbed in Tyrwhitt Road, Lewisham, where the rapper lives.
When officers arrived, they discovered a Mercedes had been in a crash with a van in adjacent Darling Road and arrested Professor Green, real name Stephen Manderson, on suspicion of drink-driving.
A breath test showed he had 52 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The I Need You Tonight singer was bailed to appear at a south-east London police station on March 11 where he was charged with drink-driving and will appear after 10am today at Bromley Magistrates' Court.
- UPDATE: 'Mayhem' after Leesons Hill, St Paul's Cray, crash, which involved a motorcycle
- Dartford strongman Terry Hollands' Herculean stunt for Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson film
- Peaches Geldof 'was heroin addict'
- Do you know this mystery 'husky' cat, found all alone in Bromley?
- Tried and tested: Sidcup Place Brewers Fayre expands to takeaway service